This page serves as a resource for updates regarding Waverly’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to communicate important updates to our families via email, and we will regularly post additional resources on this page.
2023 – 2024 School Year
Updated: September 14, 2023
- Families are asked to keep their children at home when they are feeling ill and to test them for COVID-19. Families are asked to email the school nurse if their child has tested positive for COVID-19. All information is kept confidential and the school will not share personal details with the community regarding cases of COVID-19.
- The school will notify families via email if their child is identified as a close contact. This communication will detail masking recommendations and testing requirements.
- The school has taken the following measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- In 2020, the school installed an iWave purification system in all of the HVAC units throughout all campuses and at the same time upgraded the HVAC filters to MERV-13 as recommended by the CDC. IWave purifiers are highly effective in eliminating COVID-19, allergens, mold, bacteria, and other viruses and greatly reduce odor, smoke, static electricity, and dust in the air. All HVAC and filters are maintained regularly. The air filtration system is running throughout the buildings at all times.
COVID-19 Information & Resources
- The CDC recommends that children between the ages of 5 and 11 years receive the Pfizer-BioNTech pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Waverly is strongly encouraging families to have their 5 – 11-year-old children vaccinated to support the health and safety of our campus.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): English | Español
California Department of Public Health: English | Español
Pasadena Public Health Department
Hand-washing steps using the WHO Technique by Johns Hopkins Medicine (Video)
Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus by Malaka Gharib (NPR)