The Waverly School is an independent progressive school with a thematic (interdisciplinary), developmental, and experiential approach that spans preschool through 12th grade. We are looking for dynamic, motivated, and accomplished educators who are interested in joining a diverse community of students, faculty, and families.
Current Employment Opportunities
Job openings are listed below as well as posted on the following websites:
California Association of Independent Schools
Southern California People of Color in Independent Schools
Progressive Education Network (PEN)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Please click on the links below for a description of each position.
- Kindergarten Lead Teacher (PDF)
- High School Spanish Teacher (PDF)
- High School Science Instructor (PDF)
- Middle School English Teacher (PDF)
- Middle School Spanish Teacher (PDF)
- Middle and High School Dean of Student Life & Culture (PDF)
- Middle and High School Learning Specialist, Part-Time (PDF)
- Human Development Instructor (PDF)
The Waverly School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination based on the race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, transgender, transsexualism, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, primary language, military or veteran status, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, mental disability, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry, or based on any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.