Consistent with our mission, Waverly’s community is socioeconomically diverse. Forty percent of our students are on a flexible tuition plan. We are committed to these students and their families, who are a vital part of our community. Flexible Tuition is awarded on the basis of proven need and the availability of funds.
Waverly families apply for flexible tuition through the Clarity application to determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information that families share in the application which includes assets, income, expenses, and debts.
2024 – 2025 Applications
Please plan ahead to complete the application by the deadline. Tax documents are required for the application; for those who use a tax preparation service, please schedule appointments early to ensure that documents are submitted in a timely manner.
Flexible Tuition Application Deadlines:
Current families — December 1, 2023
Prospective families — February 1, 2024
- Online Clarity application: To get started, please go to the Clarity application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
- Tax Documents & Income Statements: Within the Clarity application, sign and submit a Form 4506c to give Clarity permission to pull your prior year individual tax returns.
- For Business Owners: Please upload tax documents (including appropriate schedules) to Clarity by February 1; see Affording Waverly Tuition (PDF) for more details.
On or before February 15, 2024, families of current students will be notified of award decisions, provided that the Clarity application and all required documents have been submitted on time.
Families of new students admitted to Waverly will be notified of award decisions on March 8, 2024, at the same time as their admissions decision, provided that the Clarity application and all required documents have been submitted on time.
For technical help with the Clarity application, or if you have questions while completing the application:
- Use the in-app support available through the “Help” button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Please contact Clarity directly: email@example.com or 206.210.3752, in English and español.
If you have Waverly specific questions: