Consistent with our mission, Waverly’s community is socioeconomically diverse. Forty percent of our students receive tuition assistance. We are committed to these students and their families, who are a vital part of our community. Tuition assistance is awarded on the basis of proven need and the availability of funds. Admissions decisions are need blind. Tuition assistance applications are due no later than February 1 in order to be considered.
FAST – Financial Aid for School Tuition
Waverly families apply for financial aid through the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) system by Independent School Management.
Please note: families applying for the current year (2019 – 2020) will submit 2018 tax and W2 documents – see below for specifics.
For 2020 – 2021 applications, please plan ahead to complete the form by the deadline below. For technical help with the FAST application, or if you have questions while completing the application, please contact FAST directly: email@example.com or 877 – 326-FAST (3278). If you have Waverly specific questions, please email Vella Cagle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 – 2021 applications can be submitted on or after January 1, 2020.
1. By February 1, 2020, please complete the online FAST financial aid application.
The application will take approximately 45 minutes if financial information is gathered before starting; it may be completed in multiple sessions if necessary. The fee is $45 to submit the completed online application.
2. As soon as possible, or by February 7, 2020, please upload (note: hard copy mailing can take up to five days for processing once received by FAST; uploading is preferred – FAST provides instructions) the following documents to FAST Processing:
- 2019 Federal Tax Returns with all supporting schedules, including A or L, C or C‑EZ, E and F.
- 2019 W2s
- 2019 State tax returns
Upload method is preferred. As an alternative, you can mail these documents to:
Independent School Management
ATTN: FAST Processing Center
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
Be sure to list “The Waverly School” under the return address on your envelope.
3. On or before February 19, 2020, families of current students will be notified of award decisions, provided that the FAST application and all required documents have been submitted on time.
4. On March 6, 2020, families of new students admitted to Waverly will be notified of award decisions provided that the FAST application and all required documents have been submitted on time.